This is a personal blog: our "playground", if you will. It's written by an improbable daughter/mother (Liz/Lisa) blogging team who are separated by about 300 miles.
Let it be said that we've a mutual obsession for doing our nails. What began with the back and forth exchange of phone-snapped nail pix and text messages, eventually evolved into this weblog. Phone screens are small. LOZLOSA solved that problem.
Here, you'll find swatches, reviews, nail art, and lots of babbling on about all-things vernis, from the perspective of a lacquer-loving 20-something and her equally consumed 50-something mother. Nails are our passion!
If you'd like to use our articles and images for non-commercial use, feel free to do so, but kindly provide credit to this site.
All opinions shared here are solely ours. Want to know more? Read on...
- Between the two of us, we share the company of five rescued cats: Codi Belle and Patou live in upstate NY with Liz and her boyfriend. Meeka , Maggie and Chloe live downstate in the Hudson River Valley with Lisa and her husband.
- Liz always has a fishtank (or two) going, and until she began sharing an apartment with her BF, she kept animal roommates. Over the years? Oh, snakes, goldfish, lizards, gerbils, rats, mice, hamsters, cockatiels, parrots, etc. etc.
- 50-something Lisa is a family law paralegal, who, among other things, likes a daily glass of merlot, a good book, and all-things nail polish.
- Liz is a mid 20-something, has a degree in Elementary Education, loves music, books, Dr. Who, and animals.
- Lisa adores words (meaning, usage and the cadence with which they're communicated) and graphic art (same deal), as much as she loves polish.
- It's a sign that you're a really good friend if Liz bursts out into song while driving you somewhere (buy ear plugs - it gets loud).
- Lisa drives a 2005 Sunset Orange Pearl Honda Element because it's a Swiss army knife on wheels, and transports the most amazing amount of stuff (and Lisa is all about hauling stuff). Best part? Rubber floor. Just hose it out.
- Liz didn't like nail polish until she moved six hours away from her mother. Now she needs a 12-Step Program.
- Lisa's idea of getting dolled up is dressing like she's going to a funeral. "You can't go wrong with black."
- Liz has a horrible sense of direction and must get lost, at least once, before she finds her way. Even with a GPS.
- Lisa's Sundays nights are reserved for Masterpiece Theatre. Lisa admits she's powerless over her addiction to Downton Abbey, so she pretty much throws up her hands, says "WTF" and reaches for that inexpensive but excellent merlot.
- Liz really loves sci-fi.
- Both are Out-To-Lunch Completely Obsessed about....nail polish
- Neither has an issue with the number "13".
Welcome to Lozlosa!!!!
Liz & Lisa