Hey, we've been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thanks so much to Patty, Lariesa and Laura!
See that pink badge over there? It's an electronic "thumbs up", from one blogger to another. It's about discovering, recognizing, and sharing new voices in the community. And it's also about smacking a crazy-cool gawjuss pink badge on 'yer blog. I mean, seriously - decor is good.
In order to accept the award, there are six (count 'em: 6) rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
2. They must answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag
4. They must then chose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told
6. There's no tag backs
LOOK ALIVE, LAQUERHEADS!!!! :) - We'll be conducting an exhaustive global search, and posting our 11 nominees later this week, together with our carefully selected 11 questions. In the meantime, if you know of a new blogger, someone with less than 200 followers, who you believe is deserving of nail/beauty/blogdom recognition (maybe even yourself?), drop us a line (Lozlosa AT yahoo.com), Subject: The Liebster.
OK, with all that cool stuff behind us....
Got your coffee? You're gonna need it.
Here we go....
Eleven Things About Lozlosa
- The name of our blog, comes from a typo Liz made when creating this website. That's when Liz became Loz, and Lisa became Losa. A true, and notably boring story.
- Between the two of us, we've five cats: Codi Belle (16 y.o., and still feral. one of these days - if we all get wasted - remind us to tell you the "itty bitty kitty story") and Patou (an irrepressibly adorable 3 y.o. attitudinal beatch) live in upstate NY with Liz and her boyfriend, James. Meeka (narcoleptic, but brilliant when awake), Maggie (the enigma), and Chloe (this one has serious issues; she insists on being "worn", ala clingy feline muffler style around neck, in the lap, etc.) live downstate in the Hudson River Valley with Lisa and her husband, John. In reality, and in both households, it's the cats that let US live with them.
- 50-something Lisa works full-time as a family law paralegal, and in her free time enjoys the company of family, hula hooping (she crafts her own), reading, cooking, listening to music, and playing with nail polish!
- Liz is 25 years old, has a degree in Elementary Education, loves music, and is known around these parts as The Animal Whisperer (if you have any questions about freshwater fish tanks, she's the girl to ask).
- Every six weeks, Lisa visits an acupuncturist to get her chi re-balanced. Yeah, Lisa thinks its weird too, but it works.
- It's a sign that you're a very good friend if Liz is willing to sing while you're in the car with her. (Buy earplugs - it gets loud.)
- Lisa drives a 2005 bright orange Honda Element, and loves it because it transports the most amazing amount of stuff (because Lisa is all about hauling stuff, from store to house). Best part? Rubber floor. Just hose that sucker out.
- Liz didn't like nail polish until she moved six hours away from her mother. Now she needs a 12-Step Program.
- Lisa's idea of getting dolled up is dressing like she's going to a funeral. Basic black is her friend. She needs help, too.
- Liz has a horrible sense of direction and has to get lost, at least once, before she finds her way. Even with a GPS.
- Liz really loves sci-fi.
Our Answers to the 11 Questions Posed By Patty1. What made you start blogging?
LIZ & LISA (a/k/a The Royal We, hereinafter "LOZLOSA") - After Liz moved away from home, we were texting each other, with updated pix of our manicures. Liz got the idea that writing a blog together would be a nice bonding activity, since we were now 6 hours apart.
2. What kinds of things do you do to make blog successful?
LOZLOSA - We just write about things that interest us. We'll see how that strategy works, and let you know the outcome. LOL.
3. What would make you stop blogging?
LOZLOSA - If we didn't find it fun anymore. It shows when you no longer enjoying what you're doing. That's when it's time to stop.
4. What inspires you?
LISA - Art, music, and that glorious vista, driving north on 9W, along the craggy cliffs that overlook the Hudson River. Oh. My. God.
LIZ - My mom.
(LISA - I'm verklempt.)
(LISA - I'm verklempt.)
5. What is your favorite nail polish?
LOZLOSA - The answer is constantly changing, with new colors and formulas coming out daily. Whatever we say today, will be outdated by tomorrow morning.
6. Do you view blogging as a "competitive sport" or a creative outlet?
LOZLOSA - Creative outlet!
7. What is the best way to get followers?
LOZLOSA - We'll let you know when we find out. In the meantime, posting about polishes and techniques that we find interesting is what we're about.
8. What keeps you going when you feel defeated?
LOZLOSA - The belief that things will get better.
9. How do you organize your blog?
LOZLOSA - By the seat of our pants. Actually, we've established a pattern of alternating authorship, every couple of posts. Nothing so much that it starts feeling like work.
10. Where do you keep your nail station?
LISA - In Liz's old bedroom. My new "nail spa". LOL. Thanks, Liz!!!!!! :)
LIZ - Next to my desk, for easy access.
11. What is more important to you pageviews or followers and why?
LOZLOSA - Followers rock. We can't help but feel great when we see that, YAY, we've got a new follower. But pageviews tell an equally compelling story: what happens when folks land on your site. Do they leap off or do they continue exploring? Bottom line: We're grateful for every click that comes our way, and surely hope they enjoy their stay. Damn, that rhymes.
Our Answers to the 11 Questions Posed By Lariesa1. What name of a nail polish made you LOL?
LISA - Unicorn puke (Cult Nails). What a hoot!
LIZ - Feel Me Up (Cult Nails), and Phallic (Illamasqua)
2. Are you a morning person?
LISA - Absolutely not! Go away until noon.
LIZ - If you give me enough coffee, I'm an anytime person.
3. What kind of pets do you have?
LISA - Three delightfully crazy cats: Meeka, Maggie and Chloe!
LIZ - A pair of spoiled cats, and a couple of fish tanks I really need to start maintaining better.
4. What is the thing that you love the most?
LISA - My family (including kitties). Hands down.
LIZ - Family, animals, music. In that order.
5. What Nail polish brand is your favorite?
LISA - Every day, the bar is raised when one brand outdoes another. My fave polish today is a Wet n Wild Metallics lacquer. Two days ago, it was Chanel's new bright orange creme.
LIZ - My favorite changes constantly. I'm loving a england today. Ask me again tomorrow.
6. What kind of manis do you like the most? (Plain, stamping, freehand etc.)
LISA - I'm big on patterns, but have trouble drawing stick figures. Enter techniques like stamping and dotting. They require little more than patience, which I've got plenty of.
LIZ - Plain. I like the statement that color can make on its own.
7. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
LISA - Haagen Dazs Pralines and Cream.
LIZ - Oh, gosh. Probably vanilla.
8. What would your weapon of choice be in a zombie apocalypse?
LISA - I'm going with the really long steel hook used to pull down our attic stairs.
LIZ - Baseball bat. I hate sports, but you don't have to re-load a bat.
9. Which blog did you follow first?
LISA - All Lacquered Up
LIZ - The Polished Perfectionist
10. If you could only have one, which would it be: Facebook or Twitter?
LISA - Twitter!
LIZ - Facebook!
11. Which TV series genre do you like to watch most?
LISA - Comedy (Big Bang Theory!!!)
LIZ - Sci-Fi (Dr. Who!!!!!)
Our Answers to the 11 Questions Posed By Laura1. Winter or Summer?
LISA - Winter. There's always the chance of a snow day. :)
LIZ - Winter. I'd rather put on more clothes than have to take clothes off.
2. What's your favorite nail polish type? (Holographic, cream, metallic, etc)
LISA - Creme. That way, if I'm so inclined, I can jazz the color up with stamping, freehand, and/or any of the versatile topcoats out there!
LIZ - Depends on my mood, but let's say creme.
3. What's your favorite nail polish brand?
LOZLOSA - Changes from day to day. Yesterday, it was Chanel. Today it's Wet n Wild.
4. What's your favorite nail polish?
LOZLOSA - LOL. Broken record here. It changes daily, and sometimes more often that that! Best bet: Check in regularly to see what's our fave that day!
5. What's your favorite manicure x pedicure combo?
LISA - I like plain creme polishes on my tootsies, and get a kick out of playing up color and formula on my fingertips!
LIZ - What's a pedicure? I actually ignore my feet. LOL.
6. Do you prefer to do your own nails or go have them done?
LOZLOSA - We prefer doing it ourselves. Neither of us has ever had a professional manicure that was as good as one we'd done ourselves.
7. Do you prefer to do your own toes or go have them done?
LISA - Do my own.
LIZ - What are toes?
8. Is there a color you would never wear on your nails?
LOZLOSA - That's not a problem we have.
9. Have you ever spilt nail polish on the carpet? (I shamefully have -.-)
LISA - Last week. I let it dry. Haven't yet found solution because I've been busy with life, work, and polishing my nails.
LIZ - No, but my Mom has. On my old bedroom carpeting.
10. What's your least favorite nail polish brand?
LOZLOSA - We recently had some disappointing Sally Hansens. It was not a pretty picture.
11. Can you type with wet nails?
LOZLOSA - Of course!
PS... Don't forget: We'll be conducting that exhaustive global search, and posting our 11 nominees later this week, together with our carefully selected 11 questions. In the meantime, if you know of a new blogger, someone with less than 200 followers, who you believe is deserving of nail/beauty/blogdom recognition (maybe even yourself?), drop us a line (Lozlosa AT yahoo.com), Subject: The Liebster.